Returning a motorcycle bought online – your rights
Online and telephone bike purchases – changing your mind
Your right to return your bike if you bought it without visiting the dealership…
We’ve been trading as an established, family owned business for over 40 years. If there’s a problem with anything you have bought then you have rights under the Consumer Rights Act, in the first instance we want to help make it right – call us and we can have a chat about any problems or concerns you have.
However, if you’ve simply changed your mind, and have bought the bike for personal use – and not in the course of your trade or business – then these are your rights :
- You have fourteen days from the day of delivery to notify us that you wish to return the bike
- It will be your responsibility to return the bike back to the shop and at your expense
- If you don’t return the bike, then we will collect it after 14 days but may charge you for collection – £2 per mile
- You can use the bike in this time in a similar way to the opportunity you would have if you’d taken a test ride at the dealership; therefore no deductions will be made from a full refund as long as you have covered less than 30 miles – assuming you have caused no damage, and it’s in the same condition as when we supplied it to you
- If the bike has been used for more than this but still less than 14 days, then we are entitled to make a deduction from your refund. We would generally defer to the current trade value of the bike based on an industry standard CAP trade valuation for bikes which have been used for over 200 miles use, or £3 per mile for bikes under 200 miles use
- No refund of any road fund licence or registration fee will be given, and you must maintain valid road fund and insurance until the bike has been collected or returned
- We will return your money, less any deductions no later than 14 days after the bike has been received by us
- We will not refund any costs you have incurred such as insurance or transport (other than the original delivery charge)
These are additional rights which you have to return your bike if you have never seen the bike at our dealerships before you take delivery. They do not replace your rights under the Consumer Rights Act for the quality of the motorcycle; or our wish to act in a decent, respectful way towards our customers at all times.
Please notify us in writing to our registered address in the event you have changed your mind. We must receive notification by 5pm on the fourteenth day following delivery, and we would suggest sending the notice on a signed for delivery service, and confirm this by either telephone or email at the address at the top of the website.
Write to: Bike cancellations, Newcastle Motorcycles Ltd, 195-199 Scotswood Road, Newcastle. NE4 7DD