- Korosi Red
- Silver Ice
- Jet Black
Have you ridden this yet? What a lovely, throaty, engaging, exciting bike this is to ride. Nobody has come back from a demo ride and been anything other than in love with the ride. For a lot of us, this is the best performance modern classic from Triumph yet - a brilliant blend of everything Triumph has learned so far.
The beautiful new 1200cc Speed Twin re-introduces a legendary Triumph name and sets a new category benchmark for how a custom roadster should ride and feel, with class leading handling and thrilling performance.
- Class leading handling
- Confidence inspiring, precise, agile and dynamic ride
- Dedicated new chassis and suspension set-up
- 10kg lighter than the Thruxton
- High specification Brembo brakes and twin discs
- ABS and switchable traction control
- Comfortable, engaged riding position with accessible low seat height and pillion capability
- Thrilling performance
- Updated 1200cc HP Bonneville twin engine with ‘Thruxton’ tune
- High power across the entire rev range, with peak output of 97PS @ 6,750 rpm
- Exhilarating torque delivery, with peak torque of 112 Nm @ 4,950 rpm
- Distinctive British twin sound from twin black upswept sports silencers
- Advanced rider technology
- Sport, Road and Rain riding modes
- LED lighting, with DRL headlight (in applicable markets)
- Torque assist clutch
- Feature packed twin clocks
- USB charging socket
- Accessory TPMS capability
- Beautifully modern custom style
- Triumph’s timeless DNA married to a new standard in contemporary Bonneville style
- Muscular and imposing roadster poise
- 80+ custom Speed Twin accessories
- Category leading finish and detailing
- A host of beautifully designed premium features, finishes and details
- Brushed aluminium mudguards, throttle body covers, side panel finishers, heel guards and headers
- 7 spoke aluminium wheels
- Monza-style fuel cap
- Minimal rear end
- Bar end mirrors
A legend re-born
Changing the face of motorcycling, the original 1938 Triumph Speed Twin, with the world’s first successful parallel twin engine packaged into a game changing chassis, was a revelation to ride. Its smooth dynamic handling and superb responsive feel established Triumph as the number one motorcycle marque globally for performance and handling, setting the template for all that followed, and earning a global reputation for being the first real ‘riders bike’.
For 2019, the all-new 1200cc Speed Twin re-introduces this illustrious Triumph name to our Modern Classics line-up, setting all over again a new standard in class-leading handling, and delivering a new benchmark for how a modern custom roadster should ride and feel.
The brand new Speed Twin carries all of the contemporary custom style of the Street Twin but adds even more beautiful premium details. It delivers all the power, torque and technology of the Thruxton R, in an even more accessible modern set-up. And, it offers all of the confidence inspiring ride and rider comfort of the Bonneville T120, but with even more engaged ergonomics.
The result, just like its iconic 20th century namesake, is a new performance icon that sets a whole new standard, with the chassis set-up, riding position, braking ability, suspension, and thrilling power delivery of a truly modern roadster.
Class leading handling
The all-new Speed Twin brings a new standard for class leading handling, with a precise, agile and dynamic modern roadster ride, and a confidence inspiring, intuitive feel.
The dedicated new frame developed from the Thruxton R delivers comfortable engaged roadster ergonomics, which combined with the high specification cartridge front forks and twin rear suspension units with adjustable spring pre-load, make for a truly unparalleled ride.
High specification twin Brembo 4-piston axial calipers on the front with twin discs, and a 2-piston floating caliper and single disc on the rear, provide excellent stopping power, complementing the motorcycle’s modern roadster character.
Adding to the confidence inspiring ride, the new Speed Twin also benefits from:
- 17 inch, lightweight 7 spoke cast aluminium wheels
- High specification Pirelli Rosso Corsa 3 tyres
- ABS and switchable traction control as standard
- Comfortable, upright, engaged riding position
- Tapered handlebars and new upper yoke and risers
- A comfortable new bench seat at a low height of 807mm, making the bike accessible for all riders
- A significant 10 kilogram weight saving compared to the Thruxton, contributing to its class leading handling.
The modern roadster character comes to life through its 1200cc High Power 8 valve, parallel twin Bonneville engine, specifically updated for the new Speed Twin.
This revised high performance engine features a low inertia crank and high compression head, and is developed from the Thruxton R’s powerplant.
Engine updates include:
- New magnesium cam cover
- Revised clutch assembly
- New mass optimised engine covers
Together these deliver a unique 2.5kg weight saving versus the Thruxton engine. With 97PS peak power @ 6,750rpm, the new Speed Twin achieves an impressive 76% increase over the 2016/17 Street Twin, and 49% more than the 2018 Street Twin.
Additionally the new Speed Twin engine also delivers a strong peak torque figure of 112 Nm @ 4,950rpm - an amazing 40% more than the 2018 Street Twin.
The Speed Twin’s all new distinctive twin upswept silencers, with satin black painted wrap and stainless steel end caps deliver the unmistakable sound of a British Twin, a unique exhaust note that matches its powerful and legendary character – rich, deep and full.
Behind the stylish exterior sits a liquid cooling system, carefully integrated to minimise its visual impact whilst achieving clean emissions and enhancing fuel efficiency. Combined with an extended first major service interval of 10,000 miles (16,000km), this contributes to a reduced overall cost of ownership.
Advanced rider technology
The new Speed Twin features a full suite of rider-focused technology to deliver advanced rider control and safety, plus enhanced rider confidence – sensitively integrated to maintain its iconic Bonneville style and character.
The Speed Twin’s technology features include:
|Three riding modes||Linked to the ride-by-wire system, the three selectable riding modes, Sport, Road and Rain, each with dedicated throttle maps and traction control settings, providing enhanced rider control and safety, and in ‘Sport’, a more immediate throttle response.|
|ABS||The contemporary safety standard, with minimal visual impact, the ABS is responsive yet unobtrusive.|
|Switchable traction control||Managing the Speed Twin’s high torque delivery when traction is compromised, the switchable system offers increased rider control.|
|LED DRL headlight||Incorporated into the headlight, the LED daytime running light brings excellent visibility and a distinctive light profile (where legislation allows).|
|LED rear light & indicators||Built into the classically inspired minimal tail set-up, the LED rear light and indicators bring a distinctive rear light pattern and excellent power efficiency.|
|Ride-by-wire||Enhancing throttle responsiveness, safety and feel.|
|Torque assist clutch||Optimised for a lighter touch and feel to the clutch to make it easier to ride, and ride longer.|
|Switchgear||Elegant switchgear presents simple fingertip controls for easy access to the key features on the new twin clocks.|
|USB charging socket||For maximum rider convenience, the USB charging socket charges riders’ essential devices.|
|Engine immobiliser||Transponder integrated into the key adds greater security.|
|Stylish twin clocks||New twin clocks, beautifully detailed and premium, incorporate a digital menu system accessed by the handlebar mounted scroll button.
Key features include:
- Riding mode setting
Beautifully moderncustom style
With all of Triumph’s timeless DNA, married to a modern stripped back custom look, muscular poise and a host of beautifully designed premium features, the Speed Twin is the most contemporary styled Bonneville ever.
Key features include:
- Signature sculpted 14 litre fuel tank
- Custom style bench seat
- Minimal front and rear mudguard set-up with small rear light (and integrated brake and turn signals in the US and Canada)
- Sculpted side panels with aluminium badge detailing
- Twin upswept sports silencers
- Contemporary bar end mirrors
Category leading finish and detailing
The new Speed Twin continues the class leading theme of the whole Bonneville family when it comes to its premium level of finish and detailing, including:
- Brushed aluminium mudguards, throttle body covers, side panel finishers and heel guards
- Bright anodised forged aluminium headlight brackets
- Distinctive Monza-style locking fuel cap
- New 7-spoke aluminium wheels
- Clear anodised aluminium swingarm
- Painted headlamp bowl and bezel
- Handlebar clamp with Speed Twin branding.
|NEW 2019 SPEED TWIN|
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin|
|Bore/Stroke||97.6 x 80 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.0 : 1|
|Maximum Power||97 PS / 96 BHP (71.5 kW) @ 6,750 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||112 Nm @ 4,950 rpm|
|Fuel system||Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection|
|Exhaust||Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system with twin silencers|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-plate assist clutch|
|Frame||Tubular steel with aluminium cradle|
|Front Wheel||Cast aluminium alloy 7-spoke 17 x 3.5in|
|Rear Wheel||Cast aluminium alloy 7-spoke 17 x 5in|
|Front Tyre||120/70 ZR17|
|Rear Tyre||160/60 ZR17|
|Front Suspension||41mm cartridge forks, 120mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||Twin shocks with adjustable preload, 120mm rear wheel travel|
|Front Brake||Twin 305mm discs, Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers, ABS|
|Rear Brake||Single 220mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS|
|Width (Handlebars)||760 mm|
|Height Without Mirrors||1110 mm|
|Seat Height||807 mm|
|Dry Weight||196 Kg|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||14.5 L|
|Fuel Consumption||4.8 l/100km (59 mpg)|
|CO2 Emissions||109.0 g/km|
Finance examples are based on the standard colour, and will change a little based on premium, two-tone or other paint schemes. Please contact us for a quote for your colour choice.
|Model Name||Speed Twin|
|Total Amount of Credit||£8,631.53|
|Agreement Duration||37 Months|
|Purchase Fee *||£10.00|
|36 Monthly Repayments of||£115.00|
|Optional Final Repayment||£6,247.00|
|Total Amount Payable||£12,455.47|
|Interest Rate (Fixed)||7.59%|
|Model Name||Customer Deposit||Dep Contribution||Total Deposit||Deposit %||Total Amount of Credit||Agreement Duration||Purchase Fee *||Annual Mileage||36 Monthly Repayments of||Optional Final Repayment||Total Amount Payable||Interest Rate (Fixed)||APR|
|Speed Twin||£1,318.47||£750.00||£2,068.47||19.3%||£8,631.53||37 Months||£10.00||4000||£115.00||£6,247.00||£12,455.47||7.59%||7.9% APR|
Please read more about our finance on the link at the bottom of the page.