Tiger 1200 Desert
Tiger 1200 Desert: Inspired by the world’s most epic motorcycle adventures
Triumph is pleased to announce two new very special Tiger 1200s, the Tiger 1200 Desert edition and Tiger 1200 Alpine edition. Inspired by some of the world’s most thrilling motorcycle adventures from all over the world, these new motorcycles incorporate a unique high specification set-up and dedicated paint schemes, to deliver even greater adventure capability, style and value for money.
Tiger 1200 Desert Edition - Inspired by epic adventures taken across the most inhospitable deserts in the world, from the Sahara, to the Kalahari and beyond.
Inspired by the epic motorcycle adventures the Tiger 1200 has taken across the most inhospitable and challenging deserts in the world, the new Tiger 1200 Desert Edition takes all of the distinctive and purposeful Tiger 1200 XC line-up looks and incredible capability, whilst bringing an even higher standard of finish, including:
- Exclusive ‘Sandstorm’ special edition paint scheme.
- Dedicated ‘Desert Edition’ graphics.
- New metallised ‘SE’ radiator badges.
In addition to its unique paint scheme, the Tiger 1200 Desert Edition also features higher specification equipment compared to the mid spec XCx model, designed to further enhance its adventure capability and affordability. These dedicated features are;
- Lightweight Arrow titanium silencer
- Triumph Shift Assist for clutchless up- and down-shifts
Now with free Triumph Expedition panniers too
Tiger triple engine
The new Desert Edition features the Tiger 1200’s 1215cc Triple engine, the most powerful shaft-driven engine in its class, delivering smooth and immediate response through the gears up to a peak power of 141PS @ 9,350rpm. This is derived by the high quality engine components
(including lightweight flywheel, lighter crankshaft and magnesium cam cover) that allow the engine to spin up fast for instant power delivery and maximum torque of 122Nm @ 7,600rpm.
In addition, the lightweight Arrow titanium silencer enhances the bike’s agility and improves the already thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
The new Desert Edition offers a huge choice of core features and benefits to deliver a superior riding experience. This ride enhancing technology includes:
- Adjustable full colour TFT instrument – Full colour and clear instrumentation providing precise rider information with an intuitive operation
- Optimised Cornering ABS and Traction Control – Enabled via an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), this system supports the automatic selection of the appropriate level of ABS and Traction Control intervention by constantly measuring roll, pitch, yaw and acceleration rates, in order to calculate the lean angle. This fully integrated technology system ensures greater riding stability at all times.
- 5 rider modes (Rain, Road, Off-Road, Off-Road PRO, Sport) – The riding modes adjust throttle response, ABS and Traction Control settings for maximum rider control in all riding conditions. The Off-Road PRO riding mode is Triumph’s most extreme off-road set-up for advanced off-road adventure, with ABS and Traction Control turned off, and an off-road throttle map.
- All LED lighting – Providing enhanced visibility and style, Triumph’s LED signature lighting creates clear views ahead and from behind
- High specification Triumph Semi-Active Suspension (TSAS) – Featuring premium adjustable WP suspension, allowing the rider to electronically control the type of ride with the TSAS controlling the front and rear suspension damping. It also automatically adapts the RSU pre-load settings to maintain optimal ride height for different rider sizes and payloads. There are two TSAS modes: Auto / Off-Road
- Triumph Shift Assist – Providing seamless clutchless up and down gearshifts, this system facilitates silky smooth gear changes and significantly reduces rider fatigue
- Illuminated backlit buttons – Ergonomically-designed fully backlit handlebar switch cubes and joystick to make night-time use even easier
- Keyless ignition – Easier to live with daily, featuring a premium keyless ignition
- Cruise control – Accessed easily through the left hand switchcube, the new single button cruise control helps to reduce rider fatigue
- Electrically adjustable touring screen – Configure the screen height on the road through intuitive backlit switch cube for exceptional long distance comfort.
- High levels of standard technology specification, including ride-by-wire throttle, heated grips and three power sockets including a handy USB socket under the seat.
|Final drive||Shaft drive||Shaft drive|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist||Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist|
|Frame||Tubular steel trellis frame||Tubular steel trellis frame|
|Swingarm||Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive||Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive|
|Front Wheel||Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 19 x 3.0 in||32 spoke, aluminium rim, for tubeless tyres 19 x 3.0 in|
|Rear Wheel||Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.5 in||32 spoke, aluminium rim, for tubeless tyres 17 x 4.5 in|
|Front Tyre||120/70 R19||120/70 R19|
|Rear Tyre||170/60 R17||170/60 R17|
|Front Suspension||WP 48 mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel||WP 48 mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel||WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel|
|Front Brake||Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS||Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS|
|Rear Brake||Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS||Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS|
|Width (Handlebars)||830 mm||830 mm|
|Height Without Mirrors||1,470 mm||1,470 mm|
|Seat Height||835 - 855 mm||835 - 855 mm|
|Wheelbase||1,520 mm||1,520 mm|
|Rake||23.2 º||23.2 º|
|Trail||99.9 mm||99.9 mm|
|Dry Weight||242 Kg||246 Kg|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||20 L||20 L|
|Instruments||TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and Riding Modes.||TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and Riding Modes.|
|Fuel Consumption||5.2 l/100 km (54.3 MPG)||5.2 l/100 km (54.3 MPG)|
|CO2 Emissions||122 g/km||122 g/km|
|Tiger 1200 Desert|
|36 Monthly Repayments of||£195.00|
|Total Amount of Credit||£12,427.01|
|Agreement Duration||37 Months|
|Purchase Fee *||£10.00|
|Optional Final Repayment||£7,800.00|
|Total Amount Payable||£17,892.99|
|Interest Rate (Fixed)||7.60%|
|36 Monthly Repayments of||Cash Price||Total Deposit||Deposit %||Total Amount of Credit||Agreement Duration||Purchase Fee *||Annual Mileage||GFV||Optional Final Repayment||Total Amount Payable||Interest Rate (Fixed)||APR|
|Tiger 1200 Desert||£195.00||£15,500.00||£3,072.99||19.8%||£12,427.01||37 Months||£10.00||4000||£7,951.00||£7,800.00||£17,892.99||7.60%||7.9% APR|
Finance examples are based on the standard colour, and will change a little based on premium, two-tone or other paint schemes. Please contact us for a quote for your colour choice.
Please read more about our finance on the link at the bottom of the page.