Tiger 1200 Alpine
- Snowdonia White
Tiger 1200 Alpine: Inspired by the world’s most epic motorcycle adventures
Triumph is pleased to announce two new very special Tiger 1200s, the Tiger 1200 Desert edition and Tiger 1200 Alpine edition. Inspired by some of the world’s most thrilling motorcycle adventures from all over the world, these new motorcycles incorporate a unique high specification set-up and dedicated paint schemes, to deliver even greater adventure capability, style and value for money.
Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition - Inspired by the epic alpine adventures riders have made across one of the most breathtakingly beautiful mountain ranges in the whole world.
NEW TIGER 1200 ALPINE EDITION
Inspired by the epic alpine adventures that Tiger 1200 have enjoyed across one of the most breathtakingly beautiful mountain ranges in the world, the new Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition features all of the distinctive and purposeful Tiger 1200 XR line-up style and incredible adventure capability, whilst bringing even higher standard of finish, including:
- Exclusive ‘Snowdonia White’ special edition paint scheme.
- Dedicated ‘Alpine Edition’ graphics.
- New metallised ‘SE’ radiator badges.
Based on the mid spec XRx model, the Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition adds even higher specification features in order to enhance its long distance adventure capability and affordability. These features are;
- Lightweight Arrow titanium silencer
- Triumph Shift Assist for clutchless up- and down-shifts
Now with free Triumph Expedition panniers too
The new Alpine Edition offers a huge choice of ‘core’ features and benefits to deliver a superior riding experience. This ride enhancing technology includes:
- Adjustable full colour TFT instrument – Full colour and clear instrumentation providing precise rider information with an intuitive operation
- Optimised Cornering ABS and Traction Control – Enabled via an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), this system supports the automatic selection of the appropriate level of ABS and Traction Control intervention by constantly measuring roll, pitch, yaw and acceleration rates, in order to calculate the lean angle. This fully integrated technology system ensures greater riding stability at all times.
- 4 rider modes (Rain, Road, Off-Road, Sport) – The riding modes adjust throttle response, ABS and Traction Control settings for maximum rider control in all riding conditions.
- All LED lighting – Providing enhanced visibility and style, Triumph’s LED signature lighting creates clear views ahead and from behind
- High specification Triumph Semi-Active Suspension (TSAS) – Featuring premium adjustable WP suspension, allowing the rider to electronically control the type of ride with the TSAS controlling the front and rear suspension damping. It also automatically adapts the RSU pre-load settings to maintain optimal ride height for different rider sizes and payloads. There are two TSAS modes: Auto / Off-Road
- Triumph Shift Assist – Providing seamless clutchless up and down gearshifts, this system facilitates silky smooth gear changes and significantly reduces rider fatigue
- Illuminated backlit buttons – Ergonomically-designed fully backlit handlebar switch cubes and joystick to make night-time use even easier
- Keyless ignition – Easier to live with daily, featuring a premium keyless ignition
- Cruise control – Accessed easily through the left hand switchcube, the new single button cruise control helps to reduce rider fatigue
- Electrically adjustable touring screen – Configure the screen height on the road through intuitive backlit switch cube for exceptional long distance comfort.
- High levels of standard technology specification, including ride-by-wire throttle, heated grips and three power sockets including a handy USB socket under the seat.
|Final drive||Shaft drive||Shaft drive|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist||Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist|
|Frame||Tubular steel trellis frame||Tubular steel trellis frame|
|Swingarm||Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive||Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive|
|Front Wheel||Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 19 x 3.0 in||32 spoke, aluminium rim, for tubeless tyres 19 x 3.0 in|
|Rear Wheel||Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.5 in||32 spoke, aluminium rim, for tubeless tyres 17 x 4.5 in|
|Front Tyre||120/70 R19||120/70 R19|
|Rear Tyre||170/60 R17||170/60 R17|
|Front Suspension||WP 48 mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel||WP 48 mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel||WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel|
|Front Brake||Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS||Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS|
|Rear Brake||Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS||Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS|
|Width (Handlebars)||830 mm||830 mm|
|Height Without Mirrors||1,470 mm||1,470 mm|
|Seat Height||835 - 855 mm||835 - 855 mm|
|Wheelbase||1,520 mm||1,520 mm|
|Rake||23.2 º||23.2 º|
|Trail||99.9 mm||99.9 mm|
|Dry Weight||242 Kg||246 Kg|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||20 L||20 L|
|Instruments||TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and Riding Modes.||TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and Riding Modes.|
|Fuel Consumption||5.2 l/100 km (54.3 MPG)||5.2 l/100 km (54.3 MPG)|
|CO2 Emissions||122 g/km||122 g/km|
Awaiting latest examples
We start a new promotional period on the 1st April, and the representative examples will be live soon. In the meantime, please contact us for a quote which suits your circumstances.